Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Seattle Foodie Trip

Ever since switching to day shift, it seems I haven't had more than a few days off in a row. Rough, I know... but I've been itching for a nice stretch off. So I'm finally on a six day stretch off and it feels absolutely wonderful, I'm not going to lie. And if while reading this you feel insanely jealous, there is nothing to stop you from going back to school to become a nurse... but I digress. On with the fun stuff!

Friday, we headed off to Seattle with some friends, in a quest to show them some of Seattle's wonderful hole-in-the-wall places and unique spots (i.e. can't find in Spokane). Friday night we had some terrific Korean BBQ at my in-laws. Also on the list, Paseos for Cuban sandwiches (the main attraction), Top Pot Doughnuts for their delicious apple fritters, Cupcake Royale - their salted caramel cupcake is killer, Anne's Teriyaki for Vietnamese sandwiches, Kiko's for sushi, Red Mango for Asian frozen yogurt and of course Dick's and several coffee shops. We also tried out a place called Pam's on the Ave, which serves cuisine from Trinidad and Tobago. They make a dish with goat meat which I tried, pretty good actually, but very spicy!

To try and offset a few of the calories and to enjoy the wonderful weather, we also did some touristy stuff. Went for a walk at Golden Gardens, did some window shopping at U Village and picked up a few presents (and a few of Fran's salted caramels), checked out the Ballard Locks and fish ladder, and my favorite, rode beach cruisers at Alki Beach!

Now for some proof...

Top Pot Doughnuts

Tiff and I at the Ballard Paseo's


Marina next to Golden Gardens Park


Hanging out, drinking coffee - what's Seattle without some good coffee?


Goat curry dish


Ryan and Tiff at Cupcake Royale


Sushi roll at Kiko's in Bellevue


Riding a beach cruiser at Alki Beach. Joe took this pix while riding a bike, now that's some raw talent ;)


And a parting shot of the Seattle skyline from Alki Beach.

2 comments:

  1. One funny thing from the photo at Pam's Kitchen...can you tell that I am also taking a photo of my food. That cracks me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Seattle Skyline. A Great photo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!