Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Great Day Off

Today ended up being a great day off... which I was not expecting since I spent all day yesterday in bed asleep fighting a head cold. I've been stressing recently that I forgot to renew my tabs on time, but today Joe found them in a stack of unsorted papers, so that saved me a trip to the DMV! Yay!! I went to BodyFlow this evening, part yoga, tai-chi and pilates. And I realized I can touch my toes without having to stretch for 15 minutes, which means this whole going to the gym thing is working. (Seeing as I used to have trouble touching my knees in the morning). Also had an impromptu visit with some friends which cheered me up. Made a quick stop at  Huckleberry's and picked up so goat yogurt which I'm really excited to try, some half and half in the cutest little milk bottle and some yummy juices! This evening, I made a new recipe in an effort to save some produce from the compost pile, and in a desperate attempt to avoid eating VA cafeteria food for lunch  tomorrow.

Lentil and Couscous Salad (adapted from a Country Living Recipe)
Whisk together
- 6 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons of whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Then cook, drain and add french lentils (1 cup uncooked), and couscous (1 cup uncooked).
Chop up a bunch of green onions and some cherry tomatoes. Mix together and you're done.
(P.s. the original recipe calls for 3/4 cup chopped mint but it tastes great w/o it)

Overall, it seems fairly healthy, it has lentils, that has to up the good-for-you factor right? and if I can whip it up the night before work that proves its not to difficult or time intensive either.

2 comments:

  1. Your recipe looks great. I am glad you had a great day off. Spring is around the corner. debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for days off! How was the goat yogurt? I am curious but also scared to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!