Pages

Monday, September 05, 2011

Finished Pinterest Project

When I first saw this on Design*Sponge, I thought it would be perfect for a monthly to do list of sorts. I pinned it to my "Crafty Inspiration" board and it sat there for awhile. I've been trying to think of a good way to organize monthly tasks that always get forgotten. For example, when to fertilize the lawn, when car tabs expire, when the fridge was last vacuumed under, when to change the oil, etc. So when I found this at Anthro, I knew it was perfect for this project. I hadn't found a disposable one yet, and I love ceramic things that look disposable.
Here's my version. I didn't have any vintage postcards on hand, so I dug through my scraps of paper, I picked ones that loosely coordinated with each month. Then cut out some little tabs for the tops, since my I don't have a notecard for each day like the example above. 
I did label the cards with the month using a date stamp, so if it gets pulled out, I will know where to put it back. Then I will just fill them out as I think of things that need to be done on a yearly, bi-yearly, quarterly basis, etc. 

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! Enjoy your extra day off (or extra holiday pay if you're working)!


P.S. Kitty is still on "house arrest" while his paws heal up. He's turned into quite the little helper, now that he can't be outside terrorizing bugs all day. His favorite art tool is the paintbrush, he likes carrying mine all over the house. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great "tickler file" idea! I have always had to put them in my calender each year. Doing it once in a "darling" little file is so perfect!!!! (To cut down on cleaning needs, If you change your filter on your heater/air conditioner very regularly, you hardly have to dust! That reminder also here would help.) Thanks for sharing your idea! Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!