Pages

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Trifle


My latest baking adventure was making a trifle, after acquiring a trifle bowl at Le Walmarche for a mere $7. I decided to make everything from scratch and it ended up being a lot more work than I originally intended. And it didn't look quite as good as the picture in the recipe book. But it still tasted pretty good, none left over to take home!
A trifle is a traditional English desert. The one I made had a layer of orange pound cake, then raspberry jam, fresh raspberries, then orange cream (kind of like custard) - repeat that a couple times and add some whip cream on top! Yum! The production was somewhat of a comedy of errors due to my useless oven which burned the cake but would not cook the orange cream - go figure. So the moral of the story, is not to make any complicated deserts unless you have an oven worth its salt.
With that said... I can't wait to move!!

3 comments:

  1. Your trifle was awesome! I feel privileged that I got to eat some of it!. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... sounds like your oven stifled your trifle. Maybe you should have made truffles, or just bought a bag of Ruffles (they have ridges you know)

    and whats this about moving?!?!?!?!

    Really? to Spokane?...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you would be proud of me.. last night i spend over 3 hours helping to make a traditional Greek dinner of spanikopita and horiatiki (probably those a misspelled horribly but oh well)
    after all the labor though the food was AMAZING, i wish i could mail you some but yeah... wouldn't be so good then

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!