Peach Melba Shortbread Bars adapted from recipe printed in Southern Living magazine. My father-in-law sent this recipe to me. They're pretty tasty! (I still need to make him a batch)
Makes: 1.5 to 2 dozen bars
Hands on time: 20 minutes
Total Time : 2 hr, 20 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup cold butter
1 cup peach preserves
6 tsp raspberry preserves
1. Preheat over to 350 '. Combine 1st three ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup flour mixture.
2. Lightly grease an 11 x 7 inch pan. Press remaining flour mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350' for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Spread peach preserves over crust in pan. Dollop raspberry preserves by 1/2 teaspoon fulls over peach preserves. Sprinkle reserved 1 cup flour mixture over preserves.
5. Bake at 350' for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 1 hour on wire rack. Cut into bars. Garnish if desired with almonds or powdered sugar.