I found this picture frame awhile back and could see a some potential in the detailing on the edges. Obviously, it needed a makeover. I decided it would be perfect for a friend of mine expecting a little girl.
I painted it with "Ballet Pink" acrylic paint and the frilly part with "Bleached Sand" acrylic paint. Removed the weird picture and strange mat. Instead I covered the backing with some pink polka dot fabric. I added a footprint picture and the name they had picked out to personalize it a little. My friend loved it! ...even though I spelled the name wrong. (I've always been terrible at spelling, really should use spell check more often.)
A close up of the details.